Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Extender Over CAT5/CAT6 Cable Kit
This digital optical audio extender kit allows users to transmit digital audio sound
for long distance up to 500 feet or 150 meters using a low-cost Cat5 or Cat6 twisted pair Ethernet cable. Audio signals are transmitted digitally with no signal loss.
Many new homes already contain structured cabling systems of inexpensive twisted pair Ethernet cable. Now you can take
advantage of such existing wiring for extending your home theater setup, rather than
rewiring your home in order to send these signals from room to room.
It supports both optical audio and coax S/PDIF type digital audio signals, which are commonly used
in transmitting digital PCM stereo and multi-channel digital audio such as LPCM 5.1, LPCM 7.1, DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital, Dolby
This digital audio extender kit is used in pair, allowing users to make streamline audio installations by allowing source devices to be located in off-site or out-of-the-way rack. Perfect and cost-effective solution for extending digital S/PDIF audio signal for
longer range with neat setup for all professional installers.
This digital audio extender kit fits with various A/V applications such as:
- Public audio/audio broadcasting such as airports, train stations,
- Information kiosks or administrative
consoles for control rooms and multimedia centers
- Tradeshows, hospitals, auditorium and
- Classrooms, training center and conference
- Live stage events
The installation is very easy. No configuration needed at all.
The local transmitter should be connected to digital audio source such as CD/DVD player, computer, HD cable box, Blue-ray player, etc.
The receiver module should be placed at the remote location for connection with A/V receiver, stereo amplifier, speakers and so on.
transmitter and receiver can then be linked using standard Cat5e or Cat6 cable so the installation is all done.
Low-Cost Cable Solution Maximum Flexibility
CAT-5 and CAT-6 twisted pair cables are widely popular and already wired in many households, buildings or campus, resulting in lower cost.
They are easier to be hidden away in
hallways, buildings and behind walls for ultimate flexibility. In addition, users can easily customize the cable length as needed at any time, eliminates logistics problems of having custom length of
digital audio cables prefabricated.
Long Range Audio Transmission
This stereo audio extender can transmit premium digital S/PDIF audio signal for over
500ft (150m) cable run while maintaining superior audio integrity with the same clear and sharp sonic quality outputs all the way as the original input. Absolutely no signal loss, no noise and no signal degrading quality after the long cable run
Dual Digital Audio Transmission
This digital audio extender kit supports 1 optical audio input and 1 coax
S/PDIF input. Both type of digital audio can be transmitted separately or
sent at the same time.
Optical input from the transmitter unit will be sent over the Ethernet cable to reach the optical output from the receiver
unit at the remote location.
If coaxial audio is also input to the
transmitter at the same time, the coax S/PDIF audio will be sent over the same
cable to reach the receiver unit at the remote location through the coaxial audio out.
Easy Power Supply
Only one power supply is needed for transmitter module or receiver module.
Unit can be powered from using the included DC power adapter or through USB
connection with computer or charger, providing users flexibility of power choice, reliability and
minimizing load on your HD or computer audio sources.
- Cost-effective solution for extending the digital S/PDIF audio using
single low-cost Cat5e or Cat6 cable for up to 500 feet or 150 meters away from the source.
- Support all digital PCM and multi-channel
surround audio formats such as PCM 2-CH LPCM 5.1 or 7.1, DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus.
- Send your Dolby 5.1 or DTS surround sound
audio over cat5/cat6 cable for long range setup.
- Audio transmitted digitally with no signal loss.
audio S/PDIF performance sampling rate 96 kHz.
digital audio inputs: 1 optical input and 1 coaxial input.
- Works with all industrial grade Category 5/5e/6
- Clear digital audio sent over long distance as if connected
locally with no loss on the sonic quality.
- Make out-of-the-way connections for further distribution and integration.
- Unit can be powered through the supplied DC
adapter or optional USB connection with computer or charger.
- Digital Audio Format Support: digital
PCM stereo and multi-channel LPCM 5.1, LPCM 7.1, DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital, Dolby
- Max Transmission Range: 150m or
- Data Transmission Rate: 12.8 Mb/s
- Max Sampling Rate: 96 kHz performance
- Digital Audio Input Connectors:
- Toslink x 1 for optical audio input
- Phono RCA x 1 for coaxial S/PDIF type
- Digital Audio Output Connectors:
- Toslink x 1 for optical audio output
- Phono RCA x 1 for coaxial S/PDIF type
- Cable Link Connectors: RJ-45 Shielded x
1 on both TX and RX unit.
- Power Supply:
- AC 110-240V input with DC 5V, 1A
- USB 5V through mini USB port
- Power Consumption: 5W (max)
- Dimension: 55mm [W] x 85mm [D] x 22mm
- Digital audio over cat5/6 TX module x 1
- Digital audio over cat5/6 RX module x 1
- DC power adapter x 1
- User manual