IR Remote Control Over Cat5 Cat6 Extender + IR
Remote Blaster Repeater
This IR remote extension system is a perfect solution for extending the IR remote control signals to greater distance using inexpensive CAT5 cable.
Users can use the original devices' remote controllers to manage and control multiple IR-controlled devices at local or distant site regardless of the barriers with
no IR signal loss at all.
Its design allows users to conceal, yet still control bulky electronic equipment such as DVD, Blu-Ray, cable,
satellite, stereo, amplifier, or any component controlled by an infrared (IR) signal through using existing infrared remote controllers to switch the AV
components located behind closed doors, cabinet, closet or in other rooms/building. The maximum IR-controlled distance is 800 feet or 250 meters.
This IR remote control balun contains one IR over Cat5/6 transmitter unit and one IR over Cat5/6 receiver unit to be placed at the far end near the source equipments. The IR transmitter/repeater unit to be placed near users will pick up the
infrared remote signal then actively repeats and forwards the signal through the cat5 cable to reach the receiver end and emits the remote control signal through all IR blaster wires to command the devices nearby for operation.
Users can manage up to 5 source equipments at the same time through using the original equipments' remote
controllers when both the IR transmitter and receiver units are used. The transmitter itself can act as a stand alone 1 in 2 out IR remote control blaster repeater with 2 IR outputs. The IR receiver unit provides 3 IR outputs.
There are no location limits on where the devices to be controlled are, which means that users can stay in control of A/V equipments located behind closed doors, walls, inside the cabinet or closet or in
a different room or floor, the performance stays the same.
This IR remote control over CAT5 CAT6 extender kit provides users of all levels with an easy solution for extending IR remote control operation to greater distance by sending the infrared remote control signals
as far as 800 feet over the flexible CAT5 or CAT6 cable.
This kit can be widely deployed in all different IR-controlled setups such as home
theater/entertainment setup, conference room, multimedia center, classroom, trade show, business presentation and other commercial A/V installations.
Setup of this IR remote extension kit is quick and easy. Simply plug the power adapter to
either the transmitter or receiver unit first. Then install the receiver unit near your TV, A/V receiver or where you would like to point your remote control.
Next, run a Cat5 Ethernet cable between the IR transmitter and receiver. And plug all the IR blaster/emitter wires and IR sensor wire to transmitter and receiver unit accordingly. Finally position all the headers of the IR blaster wires to your IR-controlled equipments such as DVD player, stereo, DVR, or any other equipment. That is all you have to do.
1 In 2 Out IR Remote Repeater Setup
If users only need to control source equipments in the same room or close range, the IR transmitter unit will be sufficient enough.
No cat5 cable connection needed with the receiver unit.
The IR transmitter itself can act as a stand alone 1 in 2 out IR remote control blaster repeater
with 2 IR outputs. The IR receiver unit provides 3 IR outputs.
The IR remote extender unit could be for optional use when longer distance control or more than 2 devices needed to be controlled behind closed doors or walls or inside the A/V cabinet or closet.
1 In 5 Out IR Remote Over Cat5/Cat6 Setup
If transmitter/repeater unit is used in conjunction with the remote receiver unit together with Cat5 cable linked, uses can control maximum 5 source equipments and the effective range that IR remote control signal can reach is extended as far as 800ft or 250 meters.
This type of setup is very suitable for home theater, multimedia center, A/V control rooms, conference rooms, tradeshow Expo, auditorium, etc.
Solid Remote Control Signal From End To End
The IR control signal transmitted by this kit is accurate and guaranteed the same as the original emitted when it reaches the far end. Solid IR remote control signal will be maintained all the way compared with unstable performance provided from those wireless type IR extender kits.
Easy Power Supply
Both the IR TX (transmitter/repeater) unit and RX (receiver/extender) unit share single one power supply. Connect the supplied power adapter to
either the IR transmitter end or the IR receiver end. The remote unit on the far
rend will get the needed power supply transmitted through the connected Ethernet Cat5 Cat6 cable from the powered IR
TX or RX unit connected accordingly.
Easy IR Wire Extension
Each standard package includes 1 of IR remote sensor wire and 5 of IR remote blaster/emitter wires. Each wire has the same length of 6.5 feet. The IR blaster/emitter wires and the IR sensor wire all use the standard 3.5mm headphone plug. If you wish to extend these wires for longer cable length in the setup, you can simply use longer 3.5mm audio cables to join with these input/output wires for cable extension if needed.
- Great IR over Cat5/6 transmitter solution for extending IR remote control operation to greater distance by
sending the infrared remote control signals over CAT5 or CAT6 cable.
- Using existing remote controllers to manage multiple IR-controlled devices through the door, cabinet, floors, walls or other barriers with maximum range of 800ft using one CAT5 or CAT6 Ethernet cable.
- Users can put IR-controlled electronic equipments out of sight, yet still able to operate them
within 800ft/200m range.
- Solid IR remote control signal guaranteed all the way compared with the wireless solution.
- The IR over Cat5/6 transmitter itself can act as a stand alone 1 in 2 out IR remote control blaster repeater with 2 IR outputs while the IR receiver unit provides 3 IR outputs.
- Supports long-distant remote control for
maximum total of 5 different IR-controlled devices with 3 IR blaster outputs provided by the receiver/extender unit and 2 IR blaster outputs provided by IR transmitter/repeater unit.
- Single power supply shared by both IR
TX and RX unit.
- Power adapter can be connected into either
the TX unit or RX unit.
- Works with almost all IR remotes on the market.
- Wide-range product applications for home theater/entertainment setup, conference room, multimedia center, classroom, trade show, business presentation and other commercial A/V installations.
- Fully compliant with standard modulated IR and the latest IRDA.
- Remote units come with buffered and boosted outputs.
- Built with compact and sturdy metal enclosures.
- 6.5-feet long IR remote sensor wire and IR blaster/emitter wires included.
- IR remote sensor wire and IR blaster/emitter wires can be extended
further with 3.5mm audio cables.
- IR Over Cat5/6 Transmitter:
- Input: Ethernet Port x1
- Output: 3.5mm IR Blaster Port x 3
- IR Over Cat5/6 Receiver:
- Input: 3.5mm IR Sensor Port x1
- Output: Ethernet Port x 1 + 3.5mm IR Blaster Port x 2
- IR Receiver Frequency Range: 30 ~ 50 Khz
- Power Supply: 110V to 240V AC input with 5V/1A DC output
- Power Consumption: 0.5W
- Dimension: 62mm (W) × 50mm (D) × 23mm (H)
- Enclosure: Metal aluminum
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degree C or 32 to 104 degree F
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 60 degree C or -4 to 140 degree F
- Relative Humidity: 20~60 % RH (non-condensing)
- IR Transmitter (Repeater) unit x 1
- IR Receiver (Extender) unit x 1
- 6.5-feet long IR remote control sensor wire x 1 for transmitter use.
- 6.5-feet long IR blaster/emitter wire x 5 (2 for Transmitter/Repeater unit and 3 for Receiver/Extender)
- DC power adapter x 1 for transmitter or
- User manual